AFFILIATE YOUR PARISH
Why affiliate your parish with the AAC?
The main benefits of affiliating your parish with the American Anglican Council are that your parish will:
- Become a magnet church for orthodox believers in your area and in the world
- Be listed as an Affiliate Parish on our web site, making it easy for other faithful Anglicans in your area to find and contact you
- Receive an outdoor sign for your church
- Receive all other benefits of other membership - weekly email updates, receive one or more copies of the monthly newsletter (Encompass) in the mail each month, and be part of a broad-based support system that is making a difference in these difficult times
How to affiliate your parish with the AAC
Any parish wishing to join the AAC must already be affiliated with one of the other Common Cause Partners. Affiliation with the AAC requires several steps: (Note: You will need to print out all four documents at right to complete these steps. Click the Acrobat Reader icon if you do not already have Acrobat on your computer; you will need this software to download the four documents.)
- Prayerfully determine the will of your parish.
- Have your parish's rector and senior warden sign the Parish Affiliation Agreement and the AAC's statement of faith, "A Place to Stand: A Call to Mission", at a vestry meeting. Also have the vestry consider adding a line item in the church budget for the AAC.
- Fax or mail the above signed forms to us at our Atlanta address. (See bottom of web site.)
If you have questions about the above steps or if you would like to request hard copies by mail, contact Linda Newton (call 800-914-2000, email her at firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the Atlanta address).
*Affiliation with the AAC is a voluntary association. We hold up the covenant as a list of goals and intentions. We are in no way intending to set up a hierarchy to enforce compliance any more than our statement of faith is intended as a litmus test for Anglican Orthodoxy.
After we receive signed forms from your parish, the AAC Board of Directors will vote on your application. Once approved, the AAC will return the Affiliation Agreement with the AAC President's signature. We will also send you (1) an outdoor sign that will designate your parish as an AAC Affiliate and (2) a copy of the Parish Affiliation Agreement suitable for framing. Your parish will also be listed on our web site as an Affiliated Parish.
What is expected of my parish once it affiliates?
If your parish chooses to affiliate with the AAC, we ask that, after affiliating, your parish:
- Adopt the Parish Covenant as part of your mission statement.
- Include the AAC as a line item in your budget for an amount that is significant for your parish.
- Encourage all parishioners to become individual members of the AAC. (Click here.)
Thank you for your interest in affiliating with the AAC at this unprecedented time in the history of the Episcopal Church. We are grateful to God for your faithfulness and witness to the community of believers.